Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Don't Become Too Busy For God

     Hey all! I apologize for not posting sooner. Life and work has taken up a lot of my time as of late, so I haven't kept up with my blogging as often as I had planned on. But the busy-ness of life has been teaching me some valuable lessons that I probably couldn't of learned otherwise :-) I couldn't possibly list everything I've learned, but I will try to summarize the main things. So here goes, and I hope what I've learned can help you in your life as well!

Lesson 1: The Importance of Work

Whether it's a job, a chore, schoolwork, etc., work is an essential aspect of all of our lives. God made our bodies to need to work in some shape or fashion. Not only that(and I know I'm not only speaking for myself), when we work we feel a sense of accomplishment. We also have a sense of being proud that someone needs us for something and that we have the ability to fill that need. Now, I know we usually don't consider our work a privilege, but if we have work to do with our hands, and even moreso if we get paid for it, then we are very blessed and very privileged. Our work is not merely for our benefit or pleasure, but it brings God pleasure to see you using your body that He gave you to DO something!

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."  -Colossians 3:23-24

Lesson 2: The Importance of Fun

Game Nights, sports, shopping, dancing, or whatever we may do for fun, it is also an essential part of our lives. Even though God desires for us to work, He also desires for us to be able to have enjoyable and fun extra things in our lives. God blesses us with things that we enjoy because He loves doing that for us. He created us to work and serve, but He also wanted to create something on which He could bestow His many blessings and great love.

" Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights..."  -James 1:17

Lesson 3: Don't Become Too Busy For God

Even though work and play are essential to our lives, we always should remember to keep them in their rightful place. When we become busy, it is easy to forget to put God, the One Who gave us our lives, first. Sadly, I am often guilty of letting my work or things I want to do take the place of God in my life. But it is usually not  just one big thing that replaces Him. Rather, it is the subtleness of one thing here, and then another thing there, that slowly, and sometimes unconciously, takes precedence over God. It happens quite easily. What takes up the majority of your thoughts everyday? What(or who) is the motivating force behind your actions? If God is not in His rightful place in your life, then nothing else will be. Don't become too busy for God. Nothing else is more essential to your life than Him.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."  -Matthew 6:33


I, by no means, have fully grasped the concept of always putting God first. We all fail and falter. But we are always learning new things and always being slowly(but surely) refined by our awesome God Who loves us and cares for us more than we could possibly imagine!!! :-) 

I hope something I've shared in this post has encouraged you! Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments, as I would love to hear them! Blessings :-)





4 comments:

  1. Kim, your blog posts are always inspiring and convicting, and I enjoy reading them :) Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good, Kim. This really spoke to me. We always need to be reminded in life to love God, love others, and serve with joy. And in that order too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're both very welcome :-) I'm so glad it encouraged you guys so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said! I like the way you stressed the importance of work AND fun AND keeping God first and how God wants all of those in our lives. It is true...it is so easy to allow things to get in the way of our relationship with Him. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete