Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thy Word

You know how there are days where nothing's seeming to go right, and you wonder what happened to make everything go wrong? Now, I know you must be thinking, "Of course I have days like that! Everybody does";  and I understand, because I've had my share of those kind of days myself. I am not always in the habit of doing the following, but I've found it helps in a deep way when I do decide to do it. God's Word was not created just for Sundays, or just for when things are rough in our lives, but for any time of day. When you take the time to start off your day reading God's Word, even if it's just 1 verse, it adds a whole new element and perspective to your day you didn't have before. It all of a sudden seems to draw you closer to Him and you're refreshing your mind with what God says. What better way to start the day?! And even if you can't find time to do it in the morning, just finding the time to be in His Word at any point in the day affects your day positively. When you try to make it through your day on your own strength, it tends to sometimes be a not-so-good or a not-as-good-as-it-could-be kind of day, and you're left feeling like you're short on something, and for good reason too! God told us we cannot do things on our own and that we will always come up short when we try to do so. It's only when we immerse our minds in Him and His Word that we are refreshed and ready to face our day with a new courage and vigor. I would encourage you all strongly to incorporate reading God's Word and spending time with Him at some point during your day, and see if it doesn't make a (positive) difference! Some verses for thought:

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." -Psalm 119:105

"But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” -Matthew 4:4

"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." -Joshua 1:8

"For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. " -Romans 15:4

"But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night." -Psalm 1:2

Have a blessed and wonderful day :D

1 comment:

  1. Very true Kim.
    I don't think it can ever hurt to center ourselves in God's word. He is eternal, as is his word. What greater calm do we need?

    I once heard it that because we are spiritually alive in a dead world, the word of God is our sustenance. I would have to agree with that statement.

    ReplyDelete